Visiting Scholars

Financial Support

The Center for Japanese Studies does not provide financial support for visiting scholars. Each visiting scholar applicant must provide proof of financial support. Funding may come from the scholar's home institution, a fellowship from a recognized international organization, or personal funds. In the case of institutional support, the funding organization must supply a letter of support that details total amount of funding, uses of funds, and date to which funding is guaranteed. The University of California requires all scholars to have at least $1,600.00 per month of the proposed stay. Additional funds are required if the scholar plans to bring family members ($500.00 per month for spouse, and $200.00 per month, per child).