Graduate Fellowships in Korean Studies
The Center for Korean Studies announces its 2008-2009 Koret Foundation fellowship for continuing graduate students in Korean studies. This award is open to graduate students in any department specializing in a field related to Korean studies.
The Koret Foundation Fellowship may be combined with other fellowships or sources of student support.
There will be one fellowship awarded. This award provides $10,000 of financial support for a single year. Please note that, as a condition of award, the student may be required to submit a year-end report to the Center for Korean Studies.
Applications may be submitted by hard copy only to the Center for Korean Studies by Wednesday, January 2, 2008. Please send your applications to the following address:
Dianne-Enpa Cho, Program Assistant
Center for Korean Studies
2223 Fulton Street, Room 508
University of California, Berkeley
Berkeley, California 94720-2318
Application packets should include the following:
- Application Cover Sheet (PDF File)
- A current Curriculum Vitae
- A current Transcript (unofficial copies OK) from UCB together with a list of any courses currently in progress
- A List of Financial Assistance received during graduate study, including fellowships from ALL sources (extramural fellowships as well), research assistantships, teaching appointments, and grants
- A detailed Research/Study Proposal for the period of requested support (max. 2 pages)
- Contact information for Two References (letters of recommendation are not required)
Please feel free to contact Dianne Cho (firstname.lastname@example.org or 510.642.5674) with any questions you may have.