Graduate Fellowships in Korean Studies
2014 Summer Graduate Seminar in Korean Studies at Korea University
Call for Proposals
The Center for Korean Studies is pleased to announce its third annual graduate student seminar to be held at Seoul National University. Approximately seven continuing UC Berkeley graduate students with a research focus on Korea will be selected to travel to Korea where they will give presentations and receive feedback from faculty and fellow graduate students at Seoul National University. This opportunity is possible thanks to generous support from the Academy of Korean Studies, and aims to nurture young scholars with interests in Korean studies, and promote ties between UC Berkeley and Korean universities.
Date and Location: Two days in early July (July 7) at Seoul National University
Support: Participants will receive a stipend of $2,000 to cover round trip airfare, meals and hotel costs.
Applicants should submit the following materials as a single PDF document by email to Dylan Davis at the Center for Korean Studies, (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Wednesday, April 1, 2015.
- Application Cover Sheet PDF format
- A current curriculum vitae
- A detailed research/study proposal. Note: Research focus should primarily involve Korea (max. 2 pages)
- A list of all financial assistance received during graduate study, including fellowships from ALL sources (extramural fellowships as well), research assistantships, teaching appointments, and grants
- A complete list of all support including the amount of fund requested for the coming academic year, with notes on the status of the requests
- Two letters of recommendation, emailed separately to CKS (email@example.com).
- A current transcript (unofficial copies OK) from UCB together with a list of any courses currently in progress
Please contact Dylan Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.