- Application Information
- Application Forms
- During Affiliation
- Research Assistance Grants
- Visiting Scholar Activities — Discovering the Bay Area
- Current Visiting Scholars
- Former Visiting Scholars
Research Assistance Grants
The Center for Korean Studies offers grants of up to $800 to visiting scholars for travel expenses related to conferences and other professional activities. The following types of assistance are currently available:
- Conference support: Travel to present a paper at professional conferences
- Other professional travel: Scholars may propose travel support for other types of professional activities. Please provide a short description of the destination and purpose.
Travel must be within the United States. Travel grants are subject to any visa restrictions that may apply. Grants will be in the form of reimbursements for airfare, ground transportation, hotel expenses, and conference registration fees.
How to Apply
Submit a proposal no longer than two pages with the following information:
- Name, location, and date of conference (or short description of the destination and purpose for other professional travel).
- Copy of the conference agenda or program.
- Itemized budget of travel expenses.
Send to Stephanie Kim (firstname.lastname@example.org).