- Application Information
- Application Forms
- During Affiliation
- Research Assistance Grants
- Visiting Scholar Activities — Discovering the Bay Area
- Current Visiting Scholars
- Former Visiting Scholars
Research Assistance Grants
The Center for Korean Studies offers travel grants of up to $800 to CKS visiting scholars to assist their individual research. The following types of assistance are currently available:
- Travel to present papers at professional conferences
- Professional travel that involves cultural events at other institutions. Awards will be made on the merits of proposals submitted to the Center.
Travel must be within the United States. Travel grants are subject to any visa restrictions that may apply. Grants will be in the form of reimbursements of expenses (airfare and other local expenses only). Books or other research materials, photocopying, conference fees, professional association dues, and other expenses related to travel may not be reimbursed.
How to Apply
Submit a proposal no longer than two single-spaced typewritten pages. The proposal should include the following information.
- Travel to professional conferences. Name, location, and date of conference and a copy of paper to be presented.
- Other professional travel. Scholars may propose support for other types of professional trips. Please provide a short description of the destination and purpose, and include a copy of the event agenda or program.
Upon return scholar must submit a short (5 pages single-spaced) report on the conference and the results. Report should include an agenda and any other relevant conference information.
For further information contact Dylan Davis, Center for Korean Studies, UC Berkeley, 2223 Fulton Street, Berkeley CA 94720-2318 (email firstname.lastname@example.org).