The Group in Asian Studies is supervised by a Faculty Advisory Committee consisting of representatives of the four regional subdivisions (South and Southeast Asia are options only at the graduate level). The committee members are faculty from academic departments of the university who serve the Group voluntarily. Positions rotate informally among those whose teaching and research center on Asia. One member of the committee acts as the Chair and Head Adviser of the Group. It is chaired by Professor Aihwa Ong from the Department of Anthropology.
- Martin Backstrom (Institute of East Asian Studies) — China
- Jeffrey Hadler (South and Southeast Asian Studies) — Indonesia, Ethnography, History, Culture
- Andrew Jones (East Asian Languages and Cultures) — Modern Chinese Literature, Media Studies, Children's Literature, Music, Cinema, Cultural History of the 1960s
- Laura Nelson (Gender and Women’s Studies) — South Korea, Health, Immigration
- Aihwa Ong (Anthropology) — Southeast Asia, East Asia, Globalization, Governance, Cosmopolitan Science, Contemporary Asian Art
- T.J. Pempel (Political Science) — Japan, Asian Regionalism, Political Economy
- Robert Sharf (East Asian Languages and Cultures) — Chinese Buddhism (especially Chan), Japanese Buddhism, Buddhist art, Ritual studies, Religious Studies