Welcome to IEAS Publications!
We are a nonprofit academic publications program supported by the Institute of East Asian Studies at the University of California, Berkeley. We publish scholarly monographs on China, Japan, and Korea, as well as research papers and policy studies on the Asia-Pacific region. Submitted manuscripts go through a rigorous review process, and those selected for publication are often reviewed in academic journals.
Managing Editor Katherine Lawn Chouta acquires and edits all manuscripts in addition to overseeing the production and marketing of the monographs. She may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Publications Assistant Erik Lyngen handles customer orders and worldwide distribution of our books and journals. He may be reached at email@example.com.
IEAS distributes the Journal of Song-Yuan Studies for the Society for Song, Yuan, and Conquest Dynasty Studies.
We publish and distribute Early China Special Monograph Series with the Society for the Study of Early China.
The institute hosts the editorial staff of Asian Survey, a bimonthly journal published by UC Press.
To join the IEAS publications mailing list, click here.
News and Events
- January 2016 — Early Medieval Chinese Texts — Introducing the latest volume in our China Research Monograph series. Early Medieval Chinese Texts is an invaluable bibliographical guide for scholars of early medieval China.
- January 2016 — Visit IEAS publications at booth 612 at the Association for Asian Studies annual meeting, March 31 – April 3, 2016, in Seattle.
- April 2015 — Introducing the first volume in our new series — Transnational Korea: Multiethnic Korea? Multiculturalism, Migration, and Peoplehood Diversity in Contemporary South Korea
- March 2015 — Visit IEAS publications at booth 517 at the Association for Asian Studies annual meeting, March 27‑29, 2015, in Chicago.
- November 2014 — Announcing our latest publication — Kōmeitō: Politics and Religion in Japan, edited by George Ehrhardt, Axel Klein, Levi McLaughlin, and Steven R. Reed.
- September 2014 — Recently published: A Comparative Study of East Asian Capitalism, edited by Hong Yung Lee.
- March 2014 — Announcing our latest publication — Quanzhen Daoists in Chinese Society and Culture, 1500–2010, edited by Xun Liu and Vincent Goossaert.
- March 2014 — Visit IEAS publications at booth 317 at the Association for Asian Studies annual meeting, March 27‑30, 2014, in Philadelphia.
- Special call for submissions to our Transnational Korea and Japan Research Monograph series.