Graduate Fellowships in Korean Studies
The Centers for Chinese Studies (CCS), Japanese Studies (CJS) and Korean Studies (CKS) and the Institute of East Asian Studies (IEAS) announce their 2014-2015 fellowship competitions for continuing graduate students in East Asian studies. Students may apply to only one of the four Center/Institute competitions, so should carefully consider which one best suits their needs. Please contact Center/Institute staff with questions. In order to fund the maximum number of meritorious proposals, files may be transferred between the CCS, CJS, CKS and IEAS as appropriate.
The Center for Korean Studies announces its 2014-2015 fellowship competition for continuing graduate students in Korean Studies. CKS will accept applications for most academic purposes including pre-dissertation research, dissertation research, dissertation writing, and summer language study. In any case, a specific plan of research/study (not a general request for support) must be included with your application. CKS has limited funds available this year. Subject to availability of funding, a small number of competitive awards of up to $6,000 (maximum) are available. We expect most awards, however, will be in the $1,500-$3,500 range.
Applicants should submit the following materials as a single PDF document by email to Dylan Davis at the Center for Korean Studies, (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Tuesday, April 1, 2014.
- Application Cover Sheet PDF format
- A current Curriculum Vitae
- A detailed Research/Study Proposal for the period of requested support (max. 2 pages)
- A List of All Financial Assistance received during graduate study, including fellowships from ALL sources (extramural fellowships as well), research assistantships, teaching appointments, and grants
- A complete List of All Support including the amount of fund requested for the coming academic year, with notes on the status of the requests
- An Estimated Budget for your project
- Two Letters of Recommendation, emailed separately to CKS (email@example.com).
- A current Transcript (unofficial copies OK) from UCB together with a list of any courses currently in progress
Please contact Dylan Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.
Chair, Center for Korean Studies