Welcome to IEAS Publications!
The Institute of East Asian Studies supports a nonprofit academic publications program. We publish scholarly monographs on China, Japan, and Korea, as well as research papers and policy studies on the Asia-Pacific region. Submitted manuscripts go through a rigorous review process, and the finished books often receive reviews in leading journals.
The institute also distributes the Berkeley Buddhist Studies Series and publications on Southeast Asia, along with books produced by the Chinese Popular Culture Project and by the Center for Japan Studies at Teikyo Loretto Heights University.
Managing Editor Katherine Lawn Chouta acquires and edits all manuscripts in addition to overseeing production and marketing of the monographs.
Publications Assistant Erik Lyngen handles customer orders and worldwide distribution of our books and journals.
To search or browse our online book catalogue, click here.
To place an order for our books, click here.
To submit a manuscript or to see the IEAS style and format guidelines, click here.
To obtain permission to reprint part of an IEAS book or to publish a translation of an IEAS book, click here.
To join the IEAS publications mailing list, click here.
IEAS hosts the editorial staff of Asian Survey, a bimonthly journal distributed by UC Press.
Since 2009, the Journal of Chinese Religions has been edited through an office in the Center for Chinese Studies at the institute.
The Journal of Vietnamese Studies is managed by the Center for Southeast Asia Studies.
Until 2009, IEAS distributed South Asian language textbooks produced by the Center for South Asia Studies.
News and Events
- April 2015 — Introducing the first volume in our new series — Transnational Korea: Multiethnic Korea? Multiculturalism, Migration, and Peoplehood Diversity in Contemporary South Korea
- March 2015 — Visit IEAS publications at booth 517 at the Association for Asian Studies annual meeting, March 27‑29, 2015, in Chicago.
- November 2014 — Announcing our latest publication — Kōmeitō: Politics and Religion in Japan, edited by George Ehrhardt, Axel Klein, Levi McLaughlin, and Steven R. Reed.
- September 2014 — Recently published: A Comparative Study of East Asian Capitalism, edited by Hong Yung Lee.
- March 2014 — Announcing our latest publication — Quanzhen Daoists in Chinese Society and Culture, 1500–2010, edited by Xun Liu and Vincent Goossaert.
- March 2014 — Visit IEAS publications at booth 317 at the Association for Asian Studies annual meeting, March 27‑30, 2014, in Philadelphia.
- September 2013 — New title: Mozi: A Study and Translation of the Ethical and Political Writings, by John Knoblock and Jeffrey Riegel
- August 2013 — Recently published: Discourses of Discipline: An Anthropology of Corporal Punishment in Japan's Schools and Sports, by Aaron L. Miller.
- July 2013 — Mobile Horizons: Dynamics across the Taiwan Strait, edited by Wen‑hsin Yeh, is now available!
- June 2013 — Recently published: Mobile Subjects: Boundaries and Identities in the Modern Korean Diaspora, edited by Wen‑hsin Yeh.
- Special call for submissions to our Japan Research Monograph series.
For more information about the IEAS Publications Department and our titles, click on:
Or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.