Resources for Visiting Scholars

A complete explanation of the IEAS visiting scholar application process is available on this website under Apply Now. If you need further information about visiting scholar programs at UC Berkeley, you may consult two websites for up-to-date information. These websites are:

  1. Visiting Scholar and Postdoc Affairs (VSPA). The website contains complete information on the VSPA program.
  2. Berkeley International Office. This website contains information on such matters as the issuing of visa documents, immigration advising as well as advising services in other areas, including cultural adjustment, financial needs, work permission, family matters, general advising, liaising with other campus offices, and navigating our large university and the community around us. In particular, see the section on J-1 Exchange Visitors.